Our Partner Copeland assisted in the early design of these types of valves for drain and fill applications in Power Plants and Steam Generation facilities. Today, the valves are made in a variety of sizes, pressure classes (up to 4500# ANSI) and materials.
Power Valve Specifications:- Available sizes: 1/2" through 4"
- Ratings: ANSI Class 900, 1500, 3200 or 4500#
- Shutoff: Exceeds MSS-SP61 and "Zero Leakage" Criteria
- Standard Materials Body: WC9 chrome moly (F22), carbon steel (A105) & (F91). Other materials available upon request.
- Packing: Graphite, live loaded, nuclear grade
- Achiator: Manual or power actuated
- End Connections Socket weld (standard), NPT, butt weld or flanged
Copeland's cast metal seated ball valves for severe services come in full or reduced bore. Ideal valves for high cycle conditions in abrasive service. They also feature flanged end connections, carbon steel (WCB) or stainless (A353-CF8M) bodies, live loaded Graphoil or PTFE packing assemblies and carbide sealing areas (nickel chrome binder) applied by Copeland's HVOF processes. Tested to API 598. Standards met include: